Seated Acupressure Massage
This is an upper body massage targeting key areas of tension in the back, shoulders, neck and arms. It works to improve the flow of energy throughout the body which has a normalising and balancing effect, promoting a sense of wellbeing.
The client is fully clothed and sits on a purpose designed massage chair.
Seated Acupressure Massage is based on a traditional form of Japanese massage called Anma, which means ‘push– pull’ or ‘press – rub’ and was originally passed down from family to family. It works to improve the flow of energy throughout the body and acts on the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems. It is a system of Oriental massage that focuses on the balance and flow of ‘Ki’ around the body, through a complex system of channels or meridians. Any stagnation of energy flow in the channels or meridians can create an imbalance in the body and can lead to ill-health.
The massage sequence is called a ‘KATA’ and works on over sixty acupressure points as well as trigger points. This massage can be adapted to shorter or longer sequences.
What to expect during a treatment
As with all of my treatments, a full consultation will be taken, to ensure that Acupressure Massage is the right treatment for you. At subsequent treatments I will check for any changes to your health.
You remain fully clothed during the treatment, sitting on as specially designed ergonomic massage chair. The massage can be between 20 – 30 minutes depending on what you would like, and the areas include are your back, neck, shoulders, arms, hands and scalp/head.
Benefits of Acupressure Massage
- Promotes a sense of well- being.
- Encourages a state of ‘alert relaxation’.
- Unravels tense aching muscles.
- Stretches cramped tendons and ligaments.
- Relieves minor aches and pains.
- Increases the circulation to all parts of the body, but specifically to the back, neck, head and arms.
- Allows the body’s life energy (Ki) to flow more easily.
- Smooth’s and balances the nervous system.
- Lowers and normalises the pulse count.
- It an immediate stress -buster!
- Brings greater awareness of your body
- If utilised on a regular basis, it can prevent minor conditions developing into more serious illness.
- In simple terms – IT FEELS GREAT!
To make and appointment
If you wish to make an appointment please call us on 07906 127940 or use our contact form.